Charmed Community
Welcome! Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Charmed Community
Welcome! Smile
Charmed Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you became a Charmed vidder?

+7
UntalentedWarlock
GellarProdz
AngelofWicca
DynamiteSkyyeHDD
AwakenedWitch
Oved011Again
ds7c
11 posters

Go down

How did you became a Charmed vidder? Empty How did you became a Charmed vidder?

Post by ds7c Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Share your story how you discovered the Charmed-Youtube-community.

I want to know how you spot the Charmed-vidding community on Youtube! Was it accidently? Have you searched for Charmed videos? Or something different? This is the place where you can share your story!

My story: I can't remind much about the beginning, because I followed the Community since many years. It was possibly something like that: I was watching Charmed 6x22, (one of the first episodes I watched) and it was the first time I recognized the opening credits. I disliked that the hair of Phoebe and Paige from the opening-clips didn't look like their hair in the episode: Phoebe's hair was already much longer and Paige dyed her hair brown. I thought why don't they update the opening with new clips? By that time I haven't even noticed that the clips have any effects/coloring. I googled for "Charmed openings" and I watched the credits of the other seasons. Then I watched p3jojoba's alternative openings and I thought they were really cool. I also watched some other fan-made Charmed opening credits but they weren't good.

A few months later I looked for new videos and I discovered some other channels: (theCombusted, TemporalDeath, charmedbrian8,...) This was the first time I recognized that there are effects in the opening credits. Since this time I visited Youtube regulary, but I never thought about trying to do my own videos.

A year later I opened my Youtube channel ds7c, because of a school project: ds = my initials 7c = name of my class

A few years later (most active vidders: charmedbust1, charmedagain270) I thought about trying to do my own Charmed opening credits. The problem: I had no idea how to make a video Very Happy I ended up recording episodes with my web-cam; I cutted them with Windows Movie Maker but I haven't uploaded them on Youtube. After that I downloaded episodes from Youtube. I used Nero-Vision-Express to edit them and I uploaded my first tries on my channel. They weren't really good but I was very happy when I got comments from theCombusted. On christmas 2008 I got Sony Vegas and made my first (better) videos. From this point I was regulary creating Charmed videos Smile

Sorry for spelling/gramma mistakes.

Now it's your turn Wink
ds7c
ds7c
Ordinary witch
Ordinary witch

Number of posts : 105
Place of birth : Germany

https://www.youtube.com/user/ds7c

Back to top Go down

How did you became a Charmed vidder? Empty Re: How did you became a Charmed vidder?

Post by Oved011Again Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:01 pm

My Story is kinda short. I've been around for a long while. I remember when I joined the team, it was around the end of my 8th grade year, around the middle of the year 2007. So its been a long while. I remember just watching since I was little. When YouTube came around, I was just scheming the website. . I was really watching music videos and small things. Then I saw a few things of charmed. I was really into it. OF course I made an YouTube account called, Oved011, I made the username special cause, my brother's name is Devon, so I decided to switch his name backwards and the 011 is the year i know I was going to graduate from High School.

When I first started doing opening credits, I was terrible. In fact, I made my videos from Windows Movie Maker. It was hard work. I remember using songs from The Cranberries, Tatu and Kelly Clarkson for my opening credits. I remember it being a lot of fun. Then I remember asking TheCombusted for advice. He told me to use Adobe products, I was too scared to use any of those products. Instead, a youtube user called, InnermostFear, to use Sony Vegas. I loved sony vegas. Video making became even more interesting. I really love it. Then I got a lot of strikes on my account and youtube left me to close my account forever. All that hard work was lost besides one video. So I decided to upload that video under an new account called 'Oved011Again'.

Instead of finding clips online for my videos, I started ripping my dvds onto my computer for better quality. I was learning. I remember for several years there was a lot of competition between many vidders such as Ds7c, myself, ShiningAllure and many others. I also remember that TheCombusted and p3jojoba. I really enjoyed the community over the years, there has been its ups and downs but we are still a team.

Bless it Be...
Oved011Again
Oved011Again
Whitelighter
Whitelighter

Number of posts : 61
Place of birth : United States

Back to top Go down

How did you became a Charmed vidder? Empty Re: How did you became a Charmed vidder?

Post by AwakenedWitch Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Well my story is little long cuz i've started watching charmed (on TV) when i was like 10 or something like that. After some time at the age of 14-15 idk...i got my first computer and at the time i was huge fan of the show h2o just add water. I've had many channels on one bulgarian site very similar to youtube (vbox7.com) that i made h2o fan videos and openings, and one day i watched video that was comparing the 2 shows (h2o and charmed) and then i remembered that i watched charmed and started searching more information for it and watching it. Also i was very motivated for making sites at that time so my channel bgcharmed was ment for bulgarian site dedicated to charmed ( http://charmed-bg.dir.bg). Thanks to this channel i found many great people that showed me the community and here i am now Very Happy
AwakenedWitch
AwakenedWitch
Whitelighter
Whitelighter

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by DynamiteSkyyeHDD Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:30 am

This is my story...
When i was a little child, i was familiar with Charmed, because my family used to watch it, when it aired in the UK. When i was 7, i was able to go onto you tube and look for funny,random videos (as you do when your bored), but then, as i was a wrestling-vidder at that time, i uploaded a video of a entrance video, that was from a tv show, i actually got 100+ views, for a crappy video! After that, i expanded my work, by actually being given my own laptop by my parents (i was like 10). I used this software called AVS Video Editor to my custom entrance videos. I created a Youtub
e channel called "Thrgerb12" Don't ask about the name, i have no idea! Very Happy
I actually gained a lot of views and subscribers on that channel. I had like 400-500+ Subs and a lot of views/support. However, at this young age, i didn't realise what "Youtube Strikes" Were. Then, my account got terminated for copyright! I found out what it was and i was devastated. After a hiatus. I made another channel, the one i have now. I gained back my subscribers, as you can see on my channel. I continued making youtube videos that included wrestling. I've seen live shows and love it! After that, I got Sony Vegas and i love it! It's really awesome, and you can customize anything you want! But as i grew up, i thought that wrestling wasn't that good. I had heard of the Charmed theme, whilst i was listening to music. Then after a few weeks, that song was in my head, i had to find it! Then i saw p3jojoba's video, and it had the song! I realised that it was Charmed, and i wanted to make videos! My practiced and if you look at my first version, it was terrible! Then, i followed some tutz from Jenn. She gives awesome help and has a cute voice! I slowly got better at credits, and i was getting feedback from lots of vidders! I have improved so much from before, and i love Charmed. Remember;
THE POWER OF THREE
WILL SET YOU FREE

How did you became a Charmed vidder? Charmedlogosvg
DynamiteSkyyeHDD
DynamiteSkyyeHDD
Demon
Demon

Number of posts : 48
Place of birth : England

https://www.youtube.com/DynamiteSkyyeHDD

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelofWicca Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:04 am

Ok so here it goes. One day after christmas I had some money too buy some stuff I was about 6 and loved movies!! So one day I went too my dvd store & seen this beautiful tv series with an orange cover! (Charmed Season 2) I didn't know what the hell it was my family didnt want me too buy it but i loved orange at the time so much i needed it! I got home & watched it & I loved it! Even knowing I didnt understand much! Than my family kept buying all the series for birthdays, x-mas ect. I ended up with all 8 seasons when I was 8. But they all got scratched and broken. Than for christmas 2011 my nan bought me Charmed: BOS dvd collection. & I loved it!I always wanted too be in charmed when I was little. I found an old movie maker video I made in 2007 of me making a charmed music video. I wanted too keep doing them so I hoped on my youtube acount serched openings, music videos ect & downloaded heaps of stuff! & here I am today!! Very Happy
AngelofWicca
AngelofWicca
Demon
Demon

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by GellarProdz Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 pm

My story is not really long.When I was at the age of 12 years on the site of vk.com I found some Charmed videos and then i liked them and started to looking up for me.I found some youtube-links which took me to the Charmed Openings for season 10 and 11.I really like them.Then I found a video called Charmed in a Mortal Kombat style and Charmed opening in Buffy,Angel Styles.I was really into watching them.

Since one or two years I watched on those site of Vk the video of Anastasia(I remember it was her season 3 - Apologize).And I asked her how did she made her video,she told me to download sony vegas and she started teaching me.Of course I created a channel on YouTube.It was called Maxim3602(because Maxim is my name and 3602 is just a combination of figures which youtube offered me).My first video was awful,I made clips in Movie Maker and put effects in Sony Vegas.My first opening was for Charmed 4x05 episode "Size Matters".Thanks PiperComb for teaching me Razz

After that I changed a few channels(EternityWitch,HalliwellsArt),I changed the first one because of the name.I really did not like it because other people had really awesomness names.To sum up,I'm now a well-known vidder in the Charmed Community,and my youtube channel-name is GellarProdz,which I really love!Smile
GellarProdz
GellarProdz
Ordinary witch
Ordinary witch

Number of posts : 119
Place of birth : Ukraine

Back to top Go down

Post by UntalentedWarlock Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Well... my story xD :
2 years ago i create account. First i making H2O Just Add Water and Buffy Razz I really like Tomgellar2's videos and one upon a time i see charmed opening painted world. I think wow, that's must be great show. And i watch this episode on internet. And i'm shocked ( :O ) I download episode and i'm starting do opening Smile That's opening with Avril Lavigne's what the hell song, and just with cooring and text Wink I don't remember all things but my next opening was "a witch's tale" Smile At this time i'm vidding CHARMED Very Happy
UntalentedWarlock
UntalentedWarlock
Ordinary witch
Ordinary witch

Number of posts : 105
Place of birth : Poland

http://untalentedwarlock.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonVidder Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 pm

I started watch Charmed about 2 years ago. I made opening with MovieMaker about ICarly and Drake and Josh. But OUAT I saw charmed opening on the Hallmark. I found this song on the Internet send on the phone and listen, listen and listen. After I was on vacation and I watched 4x01 OMG! It was amazing) I was shocked. I love Magic and I loved Paige. She is so honey. And I started to watched Charmed. After I found DVD with season 1-3 and watched them. I found some fan-art openings on youtube and OMG I liked them so much my favorite openings was from HalliwellsArt, DS7C, AwakenedWitch and Bartek. I found and download Sony Vegas 9.0 And started to make profesional video)
DemonVidder
DemonVidder
Whitelighter
Whitelighter

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by theHauntedGilbert Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:53 pm

Since 2-3 years I've been watching Charmed starting from 4x21 because my friend watched it. So I followed it until the end. And then it stopped on TV. After summer break, It started again with Season 1 so I was so happy that I could see the other seasons. Since then I've searched Charmed videos on Youtube and I was always fascinated by the original one so I started typing in stuff like "Charmed Season 1 Opening Credits" and anywhere i clicked, those weren't the real opening credits. And i was like "Shit, I want the original". And then I started searching and searching and I liked them so much. I was already vidding for like 2 years by then. So I started downloading episodes and watching tutorials on Youtube (by Kelsey, Dennis & Bobby. Thank you!)

And that's how I started Very Happy
theHauntedGilbert
theHauntedGilbert
Whitelighter
Whitelighter

Number of posts : 70
Place of birth : Belgium

Back to top Go down

Post by EnchantedPaige101 Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:00 am

My story is kinda short and long. Like ds7c i also watched an episode of charmed 5x04. Well i became very interested with the show so i bought the dvds and started searching for the credits and found ds7c and halliwellmanor openings they were so amazing. then i started out with my old channel Thehalliwellattic107 and uploaded a charmed season 7 with a brown coloring which the clips were not mine with windows movie maker ug it was so awful. then after a couple of months i started using adobe after effects and handbrake (to get clips) i got very bad reviews for it everone wanted me to use sony vegas. so finally after a year on halliwellattic and after effects, i made a brand new channel Titled EnchantedPaige101 (because i loved paige) then i made my first opening with sony vegas pro 8 and it wasnt that good at all i then used it for another year before switching to sony vegas 9 and thats when the likes and comments came shooting up it was amazing and i wouldn't change it for the world thanks so much charmed!
EnchantedPaige101
EnchantedPaige101
Mortal
Mortal

Number of posts : 8
Place of birth : United States

https://www.youtube.com/user/enchantedpaige101

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkPhoenix Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:02 am

My story wow where to start...

I began watching Charmed when I was 7 years old when it first came to the UK in 1999 I was so fascinated with the show I had to know everything about it... it got to about 2001 and season 3 was starting by this point the internet exploded with lots of charmed related things (before videos) you could see spells, BOS pages, pictures everything. I initially started making videos out of the original opening credits, changing, swapping the clips with clips from other original openings.. about 2003 or 2004 i noticed www.cashalliwell.net or as it was back then www.casahalliwell.it i found links through his site to other sites. I started to notice videos about charmed music videos but what fasinated me was the openings. It was at this time i found Charmed-Net and other forums where people posted there videos and art work and i realised i wanted to do just this! I started making my own videos and downloading episodes, my videos were made with Ulead Studio i had videos added to casahalliwell, stregheones, art-fusion etc it wasnt until 2006 thar i noticed youtube and the videos of charmed on here i became fast friends with other youtubers like Adam (p3jojoba) and Alex (theCombusted) and many more.. we became like a family in terms like the vampire diaries you could say we are the originals and were proud. I've been vidding for nearly 10 years and I wouldn't stop for the world.. I take long breaks, well deserved for the 10 years ive been in the community but I always come back and hope to never leave at least give me another 10 years Very Happy
www.youtube.com/darkpProductions

Last edited by DarkPhoenix on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just because i need to)
DarkPhoenix
DarkPhoenix
Lower level demon
Lower level demon

Number of posts : 21

https://www.youtube.com/darkpproductions

Back to top Go down

Post by sean90 Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:55 am

well, my older sister went through a kinda weird stage in her teens where she hung out with 'goths' and was kinda into wicca, but she also started watching charmed and one of the first episodes i seen with her was around mid 2nd season i think 'how to make a quilt out of americans' a good episode to start off! (original airing and i was quite young at the time) from there i remember watching it off and on until around the fourth season where holly became the eldest and i just fell in love with her character and personality. The family side of the show was what attracted me to the show originally and the magic is just kinda the icing on the cake so to speak. I remember clearly watching the eighth season and the last 2 episodes really made me sad as if i was loosing my family! I find it bizarre that I have become so attached to this show and think of them like a second family, nothing will ever compare to the connection i have with this show and its characters and watching the episodes 6 years after its ended and they still do not get tiring. One of a kind show, hopefully a reunion or tv film is on the horizon!

sean90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down